You got several sites running WordPress and didn’t find a way to comfortable update them all at once?
Then the WordPress FTP Update Tool is for you! Update multiple WordPress sites easy and comfortable. Actually it is not bound to WordPress but the intention of its existance is for WordPress, feel free to use it otherweise, too.
This application is FREE, feel free to redistribute it.
Example Screenshot (just 4 files for testing purposes):
+ Implented Threading – the Application won’t freeze anymore when you hit the Update Button
+ Better response from the Application on what’s currently happening
* Fully Vista 64/32 compatible
* Lots of Bugfixing (thanks for all the e-mails!)
+ Initial Release
- .NET Framework 2.0
WordPress FTP Update Tool v1.2
How does it work? (Always backup your WordPress database first, we don’t take responsibility for any damages!)
- Copy the Application Folder to a suitable place, e.g. C:\Program Files\WPUpdateTool
- Optional: Create a shortcut to WPUpdate.exe on your Desktop
- Fire up the application
- Hit Settings
- Fill in a profile name, e.g. wordpress.com
- Fill in the Source Path of the latest WordPress bits, e.g. C:\latest\Wordpress\ – this has to be the path with the latest WordPress files
- Fill in all the FTP Settings, hit “Check FTP Settings” to see if they are correct
- Note: Remote Path – if WordPress sits in the root of the FTP site, just enter /, otherwise e.g. /wordpress/
- Hit “Save Settings”
- Back in the main window, hit “Update Profiles” (this won’t be necessary in future versions)
- Now the profile you just created has been selected
- Hit Copy FTP and the transfering starts, all files will be overwritten by default!
Feel free to add more profiles via “Settings” and choose “Copy to all FTPs” to update all Profiles at once. The most present output is also saved to “ftplog.txt”, you find it in your application directory.
Important note for Windows Vista Users: Add this Application to your trusted Applications in your Windows Firewall, otherwise the FTP Connections won’t work!